Sunday 12 December 2010

my boy erion running away part 3

Erion wakes up slowly, touching immediately his head carefully. He has a terrible headache after the long and busy day. He did not realize immediately where he is now and, looking around and feeling the warm air around him, he remembers what happened yesterday. The boy stands up slowly, then walks to the river, takes a long bath and in the same moment has a long and relaxing pee in the water. He stretches the body, reaching the river and basking in the sun. The headache goes away immediately even though that enviroment is making a sweet massage to his whole naked body. He has totally abandoned also his tiny silk, not wishing now to dress his winter clothes covering the body all the day at Silver Tree.

He reaches the tavern and grins, looking at the cushion where he laid down in front of that Tahari Master, then goes to the kitchen and begins to cook something for him and for the good parvin, sure he'll be hungry waking up. Erion takes four eggs, an enough quantity of green peas, much bacon, a bit of flour, olive oil, bosk milk and black pepper, happy to find all these things in this place, not like in the North where the snow have covered all the fields. He lights a slow fire and, taking a low and large pan, pours a bit of olive oil and green peas, eating a small piece of bread when the boy waits patiently the peas becomes dark, a sign they are ready to eat. An hand puts the bacon in the large pan, the fire letting it to become a little yellow. Erion takes a long breath feeling the good smell coming from the kitchen and the mouth begins to produce a large quanity of saliva, anxious to eat that. Then he pours bosk milk with an enough quantity of salt and black pepper. The milk begins to thicken and Erion adds a small quantity of flour, letting that to become a thick cream. When done, he adds the four eggs. They fry in that cream, producing a good scent, and erion cannot resist. He takes a piece of bread and wets that in the hot and tasting oil, carrying it at the mouth. "mmmmmmmm ... good!", he whispers, hoping Parvin like this. The boy takes a plate and puts on two eggs and a half of that cream. He leaves the other two eggs and the enough cream for the brother in the large pan, covered and protected by a cloth.

He walks to the river another time and begins to eat, relaxing deeply in that quiet environment. His mind goes to his master. He wishes deeply to meet him now and he is sure he'll find him very early ...


Response:

/me woke up before dawn and was in the fields all day, beaten by the slavers for doing my job.  "Harta Harta Slave!!"  Is all that I heard all day. When I finally make it home to Nyundo.  Darkness has fallen, the sounds of the night, crickets and an owl hoot in the grass and trees.   Tired and almost ready to give up and beg for death, I crawl into the tavern and look around thinking I can smell something, definately the lingering scent of the tarsk in the air.

Mouth salivating to the smell, I head into the kitchen and lift the cloth off the pan.  "Ah!!" "NICE!"  I poke at the strips of tarsk bacon and lift one up to my lips ready to chomp it and then looking around sure there's no Masters or slaves close.  Of course Erion would have taken the earlier ferry that goes to Silvertree, or was captured by now.  Shaking that tought out of my head and wondering if the Master from the Tahari had returned.  "Nahh."  Feeding the thick cut cold tarsk strip into my mouth perfectly cool to the touch, chewing it and tasting the salty meat.  Never sure if the food is for me, but always taking the leftovers when the Master's were done eating and drinking for the night.

Checking out the cream sauce it has coagulated by now but still looks really good.  Need some fire, I go over to the stack of wood and take two cut cured quarters and push them into the still burning embers under the stove.  Letting the pan heat up, I slide in the eggs and the cream sauce and do my little kitchen dance as the eggs fry and the cream sauce warms up.  Putting in the bacon I wait for it to crisp a bit.  The smell again fills the tavern.  Sure that will attract some Masters I waft it away and take the pan off of the fire.  With my fingers I dip the fat strips of bacon into the cream sauce. "YUMmmmmmmmm"  slurping it down, the most amazing thing I've ever eaten, especially because it was cooked by someone else!  

Finishing off the food quickly, I smile, thinking that might be a southern recipie I don't know.   Full and happy I go back down under the tavern after cleaning the pan and plates and leaving no evidence of anything having transpired in the kitchen, nor the tavern.

I unfortunately missed my Master tonight, thinking of him with a big smile and love in my heart, in that same spot is Erion's Master and Erion himself, hoping that everything happens for a reason, and the best people bring the best outcomes.

The food woke me up, the slave though does not sleep and has to go check on the vulo and go make sure the girl in Ar hasn't killed herself yet.   I do a drawing for my Master and leave on the back of a piece of parchment a stick drawing of me in a boat waving, with an arrow pointed to my head, knowing my Master will know it is me, but I write one of the few words I know how to write, "Parvin".  I drew the boat pointed towards the Colliseum, most definately the one at Ar.  Again drawing an arrow and writing "Ar" .   After the Colliseum I draw a tree and make it sparkle.  Having no idea how to write "Silver or Tree"  I then draw another arrow and draw a waterfall, my Master knows that's the falls of Bila Humuara and knows I will be home soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment